||8:00 to 4:00, Monday - Friday
||City Hall, Room 118
4 Summer Street
Haverhill, MA 01830
Office of the City Clerk: Mission Statement:
Welcome to the City Clerk's Office Website! We hope that you find the
following information helpful and informative concerning the services
we provide the residents of Haverhill.
The City Clerk is the head of the City's Department of Records and keeper
of the City archives, keeper of vital statistics, and the custodian of
the City seal and all public records belonging to the City. In addition,
the City Clerk is the administrator of the oath of office to all City
Officers and performs all duties with regard to the conduct of elections
and other such matters provided by general laws.
If you have questions/concerns which cannot be answered on this website please call: (978) 374-2312, press 5. We strive for effective Customer Service. If you receive great customer service, please tell us about it! If you have any suggestions on how we can improve our customer service, please contact our department head, Heather Budrewicz, who can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (978) 420-3623.
City Clerk: Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep systematic files of all public records of the
- Establish and maintain procedures for the keeping
of vital statistics; assure the prompt issuance of the correct vital
statistic records as requested.
- Establish and maintain system for keeping records
of municipal meetings.
- Maintain legally required postings and timely information
on the City bulletin board.
- Issue dog, and other licenses;
collect fees for licenses.
- Receive claims against the City and provide claimant
with information as to procedures.
- Administer oath of office to all City officials.
- Prepare, distribute, receive, review for accuracy,
and record City census.
- Administration of all elections.
- Provide pertinent legal documents to City departments
that are impacted by law, ordinance, or contract.
- Prepare City Council agenda and maintain a file of
all City Council documents. Prepare minutes of City Council meetings.
City Clerk Transaction Listing:
- Birth Certificates
- Birth Amendments
- Death Certificates
- Gas Storage Registrations
- Business Certificates
- Voter Registration
- Absentee ballots
- Receive Massachusetts tax liens
- Receive all damage claims for processing
- Dog License
- Livery/Taxi Licenses
- Second Hand Dealer License
- Marriage License
- Raffle Licenses
- Las Vegas Night Permits
- Flea market licenses