DEVELOPMENT AND PLANNING > CONSERVATION > HAVERHILL TRAILS
542 North Broadway
The Tattersall Farm was owned and operated by the Tattersall family for
a substantial portion of the twentieth century. The surviving family member,
Mary Alice Tattersall, died in 1999, and in her Will entrusted her family's
150-acre farm to the City of Haverhill, imposing specific conservation
and open space preservation restrictions to this gift so that the Tattersall
Farm would be preserved and maintained in as close to its present state
of condition as possible. At the same time, she granted the Farm's managerial
rights to the Tattersall Farm Charitable Foundation Trust, which is obligated
to preserve the Tattersall Farm, to protect its wildlife and conservation
interests, and to inform and educate persons on matters relating to farming
and environmental conservation.
The Tattersall Farm offers: 19th century plantings,
working hayfields, rolling meadows, and wooded paths used for walking,
jogging and cross-country skiing.
During your visit to the Tattersall farm, please:
- Be aware of ticks and poison ivy, and take appropriate precautions.
- Respect the privacy of the caretaker's residence and outbuildings
by walking in designated public access paths only.
Prohibited Activities on Premises:
- Operation of ATV's, snowmobiles, or any other motorized vehicles.
- Removal of, or damaging any signs, buildings, personal property, or
any plants, trees, or other vegetation.
- Harassing, agitating or vandalizing any wildlife or wildlife habitats.
- Hunting, or the possession of firearms, or other hunting devices.
- Littering of trash or other debris.
- Bringing upon the premises any type of animals, including dogs, cats
- Making or building a fire or smoking.
- Consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages.
- Camping or constructing tents or other structures.
- Flying kites, or throwing balls, or other recreational airborne missiles.
- To be on the Farm premises before or after the daily hours of public
- To enter the Farmhouse and attached garage.