> FIRE PREVENTION DIVISION
||Deputy Chief William Laliberty
Lieutenant Richard Beaudoin
Inspector Steve Trocki
City Hall, Room 113
4 Summer Street
Haverhill, MA 01830
||Business Occupancy Permit
The primary mission of the Fire Prevention Division is to provide
a high degree of fire and life safety protection and education to the
public; to enforce the rules and regulations fairly and equitably; and
to investigate fire-related incidents in a timely and professional manner.
Fire Prevention information:
The Fire Prevention Division is responsible for:
- Fire investigation
- Administering and issuance of permits
- Administering and supervising building inspections
- Inspection of smoke detectors
- Review of all construction documents and engineering building plans
submitted for the installation, alteration, modification, or repair
of any fire alarm, sprinkler or suppression system.
- Oversee and supervise the demolition of buildings
- Safety inspections of all schools, (public and private) daycare centers,
hospitals, nursing homes, restaurants, hotels and churches.
- Investigation of all chemical spills or accidents involving chemicals.
- Compliance to regulations concerning above and below ground storage
tanks and removal of non-compliant tanks.
- Overseeing of blasting operations and fireworks demonstrations.
- Fire prevention may also work with outside agencies such as state
and local police, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Bureau of Alcohol,
Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
and the federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).